I always use the Fidelity Amex (soon to be the Fidelity Visa) as the benchmark for a cashback card. It gives 2% cashback on every purchase. This should be your go to card for non bonused category spend. 2% is great, but 3% is even better.
That is what you can get with the Discover IT Miles card, with 2 restrictions:
- You must be a new cardmember
- This 3% is only good for the first year
[click to continue…]
Southwest Airlines is my favorite airline. There are a ton of reasons I prefer to fly Southwest instead of other airlines. Below are some tips for booking flights with Southwest and reasons to fly Southwest.
1. Cancellation Or Change Fee: The best thing about Southwest is they don’t charge any fees for canceling or changing any tickets, whether it’s a revenue ticket or an award ticket.
- If it’s a revenue ticket, you have 1 year from the ticketing date to use the funds
- If it’s an award ticket, the points will be returned to your account immediately.
2. Bags Fly Free – There are no fees for your 1st or 2nd bag. Weight and size restrictions apply.
[click to continue…]
Update: Codes have been given away to readers Paul and Ayala via a random drawing. If I ever get more, I will likely give them away.
I have two offer codes for the Amex Business Platinum card. I will not be using these, so I thought I would give them away.
- 1st offer: 100,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $10,000 within 3 months
- This offer expires May 27th, 2016
- 2nd offer: 150,000 Membership Rewards Points for $20,000 spend in 3 months.
- That’s 100,000 points after spending $10,000 in 3 months
- Additional 50,000 points if you spend $10,000 more in the same 3 months
- This offer expires April 30, 2016
With both offers, the $450 annual fee is not waived, but you get all the other benefits of the Business Platinum card including Global Entry, $250 airline credit etc.
I am happy to give them to away to two people. Here’s how to enter:
- Just leave a comment below which offer you would prefer if you win. Also, please comment on what you would do with all those points?
- I will pick a random winner this Friday.
This offer is transferable. I have given away a code to a reader in the past, and he had no problems using it. If you have already received a bonus on this card in the past, please do not enter. In addition, I would advise that you have a true business as you are likely going to get grilled by American Express on your business details as my previous reader did.
Please don’t forget to follow @airhotelcards on twitter!
Via Reddit, There is currently an offer on the Bank of America Cash Rewards Mastercard for $200 bonus after spending $500 in 90 days after card opening. You can even pick your favorite baseball team as your design cover. The normal bonus offer is $100 after $500 spend. This may not seem like a great offer, but it may be useful to some.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards Mastercard highlights:
- No annual fee
- Earn 1% cash back everywhere
- Earn a total of 2% at grocery stores and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined purchases in those categories each quarter
- Redeem for cash back starting at $25. Plus get a 10% customer bonus when you redeem into a Bank of America® checking or savings account.
Keep in mind that this is a Mastercard. Bank of America also has an identical Visa version that offers the same benefits.
Both the Mastercard and Visa are “Cash Rewards” cards and are eligible for significant bonuses if you are part of the Bank of America Preferred Rewards Program.
With the Preferred Rewards program, if you maintain the following balances with Bank of America or Merrill Lynch, you will receive the following bonuses:
$20K – $50K – Gold level – 25% bonus on your spending which makes the earnings
- 1.25% on everything
- 2.5% at grocery store
- 3.75% on gas
$50K-$100K – Platinum level – 50% bonus on the credit card which makes the earnings
- 1.5% on everything
- 3% at grocery store
- 4.5% on gas
> $100K – Platinum Honors – 75% bonus bonus on the credit card which makes the earnings
- 1.75% on everything
- 3.5% at grocery store
- 5.25% on gas
The most interesting to me are the 3.5% at the grocery store and 5.25% on gas all the time if you have Platinum Honors status. Even at the lower Platinum level, 3% at the grocery store and 4.5% on gas are pretty good.
Since there is a Mastercard and a Visa version, you could technically get both, and have justification for having both. You would essentially double your quarterly spend to $3k a quarter or $12k for the year.
So, if you have Platinum Honors status with Bank of America, these no annual fee cash rewards cards and also the BankAmericard Travel Rewards look pretty good.
Google is in a league of its own. There’s not a day that goes by where I don’t use something made by Google. One of my favorite apps is Google Maps. It’s great for finding places, gps directions, train routes, walking routes and more.
Interesting fact: One of the lead developers of Google maps, Jeff Huber, is now the CEO of Grail, a company that focuses to create a blood test to detect cancer earlier. It’s a fascinating article.
Google maps works really well if you have a data connection or wifi. [click to continue…]