Updated June 16th, 2013 : This card is no longer available
|Issuing Bank: Bank of Hawaii|
|Bonus: Up to 35,000 Hawaiian Airlines miles (20,000 points after 1st purchase, additional 15,000 points after $1000 spend in first 4 months)|
|Annual Fee: $79 not waived first year
Bank of Hawaii – Hawaiian Airlines Visa Signature:
- Receive a one-time 50% round-trip companion travel discount between North America and Hawaii
- Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on direct purchases from Hawaiian Airlines (including online ticket purchases, inflight purchases, Premier Club membership, cargo shipments, and all fees)
- Earn 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn up to 10 XtraMiles per $1 spent when you use your Hawaiian Airlines Visa® card to make a purchase at any participating XtraMiles Partner
- Earn 2,000 Bonus HawaiianMiles on your account anniversary date
- This card is identical to the Bank of America Hawaiian Airlines Signature Visa. Actually, both cards are issued by FIA services which are owned by Bank of America.
- Technically, you are only supposed to be apply for this card if you are a resident of Hawaii. However, people have been able to get approved for this even when they are not residents of Hawaii. In fact, people have been able to get both cards.
- Hawaiian miles transfer to Hilton Honors in 1:2 ratio. Thus, the bonus is equivalent to 70,000 Hilton points which may not be a great benefit since the Hilton Honors program has become devalued.
- Visa Signature cardholders will receive a one-time 50% discount toward one published full coach round-trip fare for a companion, which does not include taxes, fees, or surcharges, with the purchase of one published full coach round-trip fare. This likely is not that favorable of a benefit, considering the full round trip price will not be cheap.
- If you do not qualify for this card, Bank of Hawaii (ultimately Bank of America) may automatically consider you for a platinum version which gives a lower mileage bonuses and has a lower annual fee.